Thursday 21 May 2015

What Love Means to Me

                 
I know alot of people, (my brothers to be precise) that will cringe at the sight of this topic, but... Too bad!! *smiling*
  Before I intimate you on what love means to me, let me know yours... What speaks love to you? 
  I just realised that not everyone might understand what this 'L' word really means. Okay don't laugh, there are people that are not clear on this issue.
   Love is not when he mistakenly pushes you down on the corridor and all your books go flying through the air like a mini tornado then you both smile simultaneously. It is certainly not when you two are drawn to kiss by a certain magical force with the perfect soft music playing in the background.
 Love to me is when you catch yourself smiling by yourself because of the memories of a certain someone. It is when you spend a significant part of your day thinking of how to put a smile on that 'someone's' face. Love is when you use the last N500 on you to buy recharge card just to hear that special someone talk about their mundane day. (And yes, I'm gladly guilty).
   Now that's mine...what's yours? What speaks love to you...

1 comment:


  1. This is what my friend Ikechukwu Nwosu has to say about what love means to him. Its a great read. I have my word on it. Enjoy....
    What love means to me...........hmmmm. If everyone is expected to write on this theme, I believe plain sheet of paper will become rarer than paper currency in the whole world. Different people have different conceptions about love shaped mostly by experience, some by hearsay, and others by intuition. Some say “love is a serious mental disease”, others say “love is wicked”, another group say, “God is love”, some also say “I don't believe in love”. But truth be told, love is the force of life. Life is made up of a series of relationships from beginning to end, and love is the bedrock of relationships. You either love someone or something or you don't.

    Enough of the talk talk... Love, to me is a decision, not a feeling. I'm not saying feelings are not in love oh, I'm only saying that they are the FRUITS, not the ROOT of love. Most couples at the cliff of divorce when asked seperately, whether they love each other, they, majority of the times, as stated by counsellors, will answer in the positive, though, what they feel at that time is like the opposite. A child still loves the mother that shouted at or beat her, though she feels very sad. What I'm saying is this, if love were to be a feeling, we'll not only have broken homes, but a broken planet, and I mean that literarily!! The world will be full of people with “deca-polar”, not just bi-polar personality disorder.

    At different points what you feel for the things or people you love may be a galaxy apart from the love you have decided to have for them. Love is a decision, and this is especially so for people dating and by extension the married. If he took your breath away the first day you saw him, your lungs just needed to be filled, it wasn't love. If you had goose pimples the first time you met her, bros that day was cold, it was winter and you weren't in thick clothes. It was not love. If she gave you butterflies in your tummy, on your first discourse, it was not love, you probably hadn't eaten for hours.

    Love is a decision to share, care and add value to a person or thing. Feelings come as a fruit of that decision. Please, I feel love too oh. I still miss the special people in my life, I still feel like teleporting to where they are right now, I still smile when I imagine their faces and the times we share.

    ReplyDelete