Thursday 28 May 2015

Diary of Mz-Goldie (Episode2)


Its been a minute... Or a bit more than that. Lol
   My time says its 9:46pm but clearly my eyes don't agree with it because there are no signs of its intention to shut down.
   So I decided to listen to something. Scanning through my files and trying to make a decision on one audio out of a trillion audios in my device was as tedious as picking the 'right' outfit for that occasion that you know your silent rival would attend. (Shout out to my diva ladies out there!)
   Eventually I picked a message on consecration by the former Chaplain of Covenant University. Oh I haven't told you? Let me tell you. I'm a member of Living Faith Church. No, that's a gross understatement. I'm a devoted adherent of LFC. My association to them has contributed largely to who I am today. Back to the message, he shared a lot of deep insights but a particular story struck me. It was about the Chinese bamboo.
    The Chinese bamboo in his account is a tree that does not grow beyond 4ft in its first 4years of existence but in its fifth year it sky rockets to...wait for it...here it comes...90 feets!!! Youre aware I didn't write 9feet or 19 feets right? That's an incredible story if I've ever heard one!
  Brooding over this story caused me to arrive at a conclusion. Dont look down on yourself because of your present level in life; tomorrow holds a shocker for you if you could just keep keeping on. Anyone gazing at the Chinese bamboo within its first four years who didn't have prior knowledge of its potentials would despise it and look down on it. Worse still, the Chinese bamboo itself might have also been depressed about its crawling growth. It might have even concluded it won't amount to much. However, unknown to them within that 4feet plant was a 90feet potential. All it needed was time and persistence.
  Thus Mz Goldie is saying to you and herself, keep keeping on because tomorrow holds a 90feet increase for ya!
 Aii, that's all for tonight. Sleep well good readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment